SKIING & SNOWBOARDING
The ski area at Vail was built to be largely isolated from any major metropolitan area, helping showcase spectacular views of the Vail Valley from nearly anywhere in town. Those excited enough to brave the cold can enjoy even better views of the Rocky Mountains from atop Vail’s highest peaks, making it seem as if they are on top of the world.
With 31 lifts, including the famously Wi-Fi enabled, Gondola One with its heated-seats, riders and guests really can get anywhere on the mountain in no time at all before descending down the mountain on one or more of its famous 190+ iconic trails, like the 4 mile long Riva Ridge. Those daring enough for even more spectacular views can cruise the catwalk from the peak to the Blue Sky Basin and try their hand at bowl skiing, and really have a wide-open view of the area as they ski the fresh powder.
Ski & Snowboarding in Vail
Looking to Rent Ski & Snowboard Equipment? Vail Sports is the preferred partner of Manor Vail Lodge. Allow Vail Sports to take care of you and your family's every need with their personalized equipment rental service.
10-20% Manor Vail Lodge discount along with an additional 20% epic rewards discount.
Vail Lift Tickets
For the 2020/2021 ski season, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all guests will be required to purchase lift tickets in advance of coming to the resort to accommodate a reduction in guest capacity on the slopes. This will include buddy passes for season pass holders. Epic passholders will be able to make reservations for the upcoming ski season on November 6, 2020. All other tickets will be available for purchase come December 8, 2020.
Ski & Snowboard School
Continuing to pass on and nurture a love of the winter season is a special tradition for Vail. Children as young as 3-years-old through to adulthood alike have been taking to the snowy slopes at Vail for more than 50 years. With each passing season since their first time sliding down the hill in a snowplow, they gain more and more confidence to tackle the big runs and ride the back bowls. The ski school at Vail continues to be essential to this development of discovering the joy in skiing or snowboarding. Manor Vail Lodge is located adjacent to the Golden Peak Ski School.
2020/2021 Season Changes
With the ever-changing state of the outdoor recreation landscape, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, being able to enjoy the ski season this winter is very important. Here are changes riders can expect to see on the mountain this season:
- Only related parties will be seated together on chair lifts and gondolas (those guests who are skiing or riding together).
- Two singles can be seated together when they sit on opposite sides of a four-person lift.
- Two singles or two doubles can be seated together when they sit on opposite sides of a six-person lift.
- Two singles can be seated together when they sit on opposite sides of the larger gondola cabins.
- All guests will always be required to wear face coverings while in lift lines, riding chairlifts and inside gondolas. Guests can remove face coverings while they are actively eating and drinking.
- Markers will be used in lift lines to help space guests out properly.
- A lift ticket reservation system will be in place to allow for maximum physical distancing.
- Reduced seating and modified seating areas at on-mountain dining will occur on a case-by-case basis for each location.
- All transactions will be cashless, unless otherwise required by local regulations.
- Make sure to stay hydrated! Take a backpack with water and snacks or take a break in your Manor Vail Lodge condominium.