Health & Safety
The safety and well-being of our guests, owners and staff members is our top priority. During this time, we remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation to ensure our guests feel at ease when visiting Manor Vail Lodge. The safety measures that we have implemented have been enhanced and are designed to address a broad spectrum of bacterium and viruses including, COVID-19.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been made available at all main points of entry.
- Bell service and delivery will be provided upon request.
- Luggage storage will be handled by Manor Vail staff members.
- All staff members have been informed not to come to work if sick (including any of the following: headache, sore throat, fever, dry cough, recent inability to taste and smell, shortness of breath, ear aches, body aches, diarrhea, fatigue, vomiting, and abdominal pain).
- Daily symptom checks are being conducted before employees enter the work site. Eagle County has directed staff members to check their temperatures prior to coming to work.
- All staff members have gone through COVID-19 training which includes education on social distancing, proper hygiene and how to properly put on, remove and dispose PPE gear.
- A pre-arrival text message will be sent to each guest prior to arrival to with a link to our health and safety protocols on the website.
- Surfaces touched by arriving guests will be cleaned after each transaction to include desks, handheld credit card terminals, keys, and pens.
- We have added additional space in our guest services lobby is spread out and avoid overcrowding at the front desk during the check in process.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for the guest to use prior and post check-in.
- In-house guest requests where guestroom access is required will be fulfilled while the guest is absent from the unit to limit face-to-face interaction. All high touch surfaces and door handles will be disinfected by the responding associate.
- When delivering items to guestrooms, we will confirm the guest is in-house before knocking and leaving items at entryway door.
- Guests who ask for retrieval of items should be encouraged to leave items outside their door within laundry bag provided.
- Guests who receive package deliveries from UPS, FedEx, or USPS while at the hotel will be encouraged to retrieve them from the front desk. All packages will be checked in and properly sanitized upon delivery to the hotel.
- Eagle County has directed staff members to check temperatures prior to coming to work.
- All staff members will have the required PPE available for each shift.
- Housekeeping staff members will use masks and gloves while during their shift.
- Gloves are changed between individual room cleans.
- Our health and sanitation leader for the housekeeping department will ensure proper training and property inspection protocols are being met daily.
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings with new updates and information.
- We ensure all staff are trained on proper use of the new products and cleaning protocols before they are allowed on the floor.
- We have removed collateral from the guestroom.
- Housekeeping services will be provided only when guests are absent from their room.
- Housekeeping team members are always equipped with PPE. Gloves are changed between individual room cleans.
- All shared equipment used in the cleaning process is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Cleaning and disinfecting all guest rooms in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- We will provide extra towels, linen, and pillows in clear plastic bags to ensure cleanliness, and will be left outside your room when occupied.
- Clear plastic bags will be used in all trash bins and left in the closet for guest use.
- Ice machines are sanitized frequently throughout the day.
- High-touch items will be a focus on the disinfecting process including, phones, remotes, control panels, thermostats, doorknobs, handles, light switches, cabinets, and other accessories in the units.
- Magazines, books, and similar items will be removed from coffee tables.
- We will monitor the flow of traffic in the elevators and stairwells throughout each shift.
- Elevator cab usage is limited to two persons, or families traveling together.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at elevator entry points.
- Back of the house stairwells are sanitized at minimum two times a day.
- Front of the house stairwells are sanitized at minimum seven times a day.
- Signage is provided by each elevator lobby landing and stairwell. Use of the stairwells is recommended when possible.
- Guest and employee elevator call buttons and interior handles and floor buttons, as well as all stairwell door handles and banisters, are cleaned and disinfected at minimum seven times a day utilizing peroxide multi-surface cleaner and disinfectant.
- Our health and sanitation leader for the housekeeping department will monitor all activity in the public areas consistently throughout the shift.
- Checklists of all cleaning protocols in public areas are completed and provided to management upon completion of each shift.
- Social distancing and directional signage are provided in all areas- front door, front desk, business center, public restrooms, fitness center, retails, grab-and-go areas, elevator banks and stairwells.
- All areas are cleaned with industry approved multi-surface peroxide solution and EPA- registered disinfecting wipes.
- Ice machines exterior surfaces are disinfected seven times a day.
- Door handles in each of the entryway are cleaned at minimum seven times a day.
- Guest laundry facilities are disinfected at minimum two times a day.
- All attendants are required to wear gloves.
- Walk throughs of the pool area is conducted daily while the pool is open.
- Disinfecting of chairs and tables will happen during walks.
- Dirty towels will be picked up and replenished.
- Pool deck furniture is arranged for safe social distancing.
- Hot tubs are opened based on local and social distancing guidelines, which is currently four persons, or families traveling together, per hot tub.
Manor Vail Spa: (closed due to construction now - November 2021. In room treatments available by appointment)
- Spa guests will receive a pre-arrival email of the spa’s health and safety protocols.
- Guests are required to have a temperature check prior to receiving treatment.
- All providers will wear disposable one-use masks and gloves.
- Nail technicians and estheticians will wear masks when performing treatments.
- Disposable masks are available for guests to use at their discretion.
- Protective shields at the front desk and manicure stations to minimize contact between guests and staff.
- Bottled water available upon request.
- Steam room and sauna will be closed until further notice.
The Fitz Bar:
- Handwashing is required before, during and after the preparation of food, along with additional cleaning between each meal period.
- Documented cleaning checklists are in place for all kitchens and restaurants, along with weekly documented walkthroughs for each kitchen, and submitted by culinary leaders.
- All cooks preparing food will be required to wear gloves, masks, and a clean uniform.
- Menus will be on the TV screens behind the bar, eliminating menus as a touch point.
- Hand sanitizer will be available on all tables for guest to use before and after their meal.
- Tables and chairs will be sanitized and wiped down after each guest.
- All food and beverage items will be served on eco-friendly disposable plates and utensils.
- All high touch areas will be wiped down every 30-minutes.
- A grab n’ go market inspired breakfast buffet will be available.
- All items will be portion controlled and or wrapped.
- Hand sanitizer is available for guests to use at the start of the buffet and end of the buffet.
- All high touch areas will be wiped down every 30 minutes including all handles and beverage spouts.
- Individually wrapped utensils are provided in a sealed to-go format.
- Plates and silverware are also available in each unit.
- All self-serve condiments are made available from attendants only.
Meetings and Events:
- Meeting room capacity restrictions are up to 500 people
- Sanitation stations are available for guests at events.
- Ventilation of spaces maintained.
- Sanitation of spaces prior to events, during events and post events.
- Pre & post sanitization of equipment.
Meeting Room Set Configurations:
- Seating capacities and floor plans based are reviewed on an event-by-event basis to ensure appropriate physical distancing that follows state/county/city guidelines.
- Physically distanced layouts for function spaces and 1:6 ft spacing capacity charts.
- We recommend event attendees spread out and control mingling during mealtimes by ensuring the appropriate size venue.
- Face coverings are no longer required indoors for vaccinated employees. Employees may choose to continue to use face coverings at any time based on individual preference or circumstances. Unvaccinated employees are encouraged to get a vaccine and to continue wearing masks indoors while keeping physical distance. You can find vaccine information at: https://sites.google.com/eaglecounty.us/covid19vaccineappt/english
- We sanitize shared equipment and meeting amenities before and after each use, or we ensure single use if they are not able to be sanitized.
- We replace all linens, including underlays, after each use. We transport clean and soiled linens into and out of the meeting rooms in washable cloth bags that are washed after each use.
- We place hand sanitizer stations in multiple locations to encourage CDC- recommended hand hygiene.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning often- touched surfaces in the common areas, such as workstations, countertops, and doorknobs.
- We thoroughly clean are hard surfaces in meeting spaces and disinfect arms of chairs and other detailed surfaces nightly.
- We clean all meeting spaces during lunch and refreshment breaks by wiping all tables and hard surfaces with sanitizer solutions.
- We have removed pads and pens and will only be offered at planner discretion.
- Contactless check out service through our guest texting system will be used.
- Final bills will be e-mailed to the guest.
- Room keys can be left in the unit or turned in at the front desk and will be sanitized upon return.
Laundry: All chemicals used are of highest quality professional grade products from industry leader EcoLab. All washers and dryers reach temperatures that make the product effective not only to eliminate stains but to also kill bacteria, contaminants, impurities, germs and viruses.
Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate doors, timeclock, mailroom, laundry rooms and staff offices.
Event Notification: If we are alerted to a case of COVID-19 at our property, we immediately work with health authorities to obtain the facts and guidance on steps to take with both guests and associates. If this were to happen, we would undertake additional cleaning and disinfecting protocol of the common areas of the hotel as well as the areas we know where the guest has been during their stay.
Thank you for your support and loyalty! Please feel free to reach out to us directly at the front desk at 970-476-5000 should you have any questions. Our reservations agents are available 7-days a week, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (MST) to assist you during this time. Please contact us directly at 970-343-6126 or email us at email@example.com.
Get in Touch
Your peace of mind is our top priority. If you have any questions or concerns about COVID-19 and its impact on your stay at Manor Vail Lodge, whether you have already booked or plan to book soon. We want you to know that we are here for you. Let us help put you at ease.