Romantic Vail Getaway
Most know Vail, Colorado as one of the most popular ski towns in the country, but it’s so much more than that. As a top location for romantic getaways in Colorado, having your loved one by your side while experiencing the fascinating mountain views is what it’s all about in Vail. Whether walking through town hand in hand, on your way to an intimate dinner date for two, or staying inside and relaxing at the Manor Vail Spa together, there is always something to add to your romantic Vail, Colorado getaway.
- Betty Ford Alpine Gardens - Showcasing a variety of alpine flora, it is the world’s highest botanical gardens. It is opened from Memorial Day to Labor Day and anyone is welcome to walk through it.
- Mount of the Holy Cross - An epic 14er mountain where hikers can hike a challenging 12.5 miles to the very top. It is famous for the snow-filled cross that is etched into the side of the mountain. The best view of this picture-perfect image is from Notch Mountain.
- Piney Lake - Located next to Piney River Ranch, this beautiful Colorado lake is the perfect place to enjoy a number of summer activities. A few of these include hiking, canoeing, horseback riding, stand-up paddleboarding, and yoga.
- The Wedding Deck - Known especially for outdoor weddings, the deck has jaw-dropping views of all sorts of mountain peaks. Located at the top of Vail Mountain, it is an incredible picture-taking opportunity.
4 Eagle Ranch - Next to the Eagle River basin, the ranch is the perfect outdoor escape. From Western Nights and horseback riding in the summer to sleigh ride dinners in the winter, there is something for every couple to enjoy.
Camelot Balloons - What better way to experience Vail Valley than from an aerial view. These hot air balloons are available June through September and all flights include a hot beverage, personalized flight certificate, and post flight ceremony with a complimentary champagne brunch.
Camp Hale - A historic site that was previously a training camp for World War II soldiers has been transformed into a scenic area where guests can enjoy famous Colorado outdoor activities. NOVA guides provide tours such as ATV and Jeep tours for the summer, and snow mobile tours for the winter.
Bearcat Stables - Just West of Vail, this is the place for guests to experience a special horseback trail ride. Summer guided tours can be as little as one hour or as long as four days. The winter offers a more intimate option where you can snuggle up with your loved one in a horse drawn sleigh ride.
- The Fitz Bar & Restaurant - A mountain restaurant located at Manor Vail Lodge, where comfort food is elevated
- Sweet Basil - A modern American restaurant with a fine dining atmosphere right in Vail Village
- La Tour - One of the most popular French cuisine restaurants located in the heart of Vail
- Matsuhisa - A high end restaurant serving Japanese cuisine located in Vail Village
- Terra Bistro - An intimate restaurant in Vail for the fitness fanatics featuring mostly organic menu items