Cool off this Summer in Vail, Colorado
Known for being the single largest ski resort in the country, Vail is one of the greatest places to spend a winter ski vacation with the family. However, winter isn’t the only time you should take the family to Vail. If you think Vail turns into a ghost town after the mountain closes in April, think again. The summer outdoor activities in Vail are endless. Here are our top 5 reasons you need to come for the winter and then come back again for the summer!
1. Cool temperatures: When temperatures are soaring in the 100’s in the city and folks on the east coast are feeling like they live in a steam room, Vail Colorado is cool and dry. It’s the perfect place to beat the summer heat.
2. It’s affordable: Enjoy the luxury of a Vail Hotel in the summer and fall at a fraction of what it would cost in the winter. You and your family can go bigger and better by getting a Vail condominium with the benefits of a full kitchen, living area, patio and grill. And save even more on mid-week stays!
3. Sunshine: It’s hard to believe but Colorado is known to have 300 days of annual sunshine. With sunshine and cool temperatures in the summer and fall why vacation anywhere else?
4. Wild Flowers and Aspen Trees: The landscapes and wild flowers that surround Vail are something of a fairytale. On the mountain, you’ll hike through colors of red, purple, yellow and orange. In the fall, the Aspen trees turn into this bright yellow that stands out even more when the snow starts to fall in November. They do not call it Colorful Colorado for nothing.
5. No bugs, no humidity - It may be hard to believe, but the Rocky Mountains have very few bugs and the air is so dry there is no humid. Need we say more?