5 Reasons to Visit Vail in the Summer
Once the weather heats up and the snow begins to melt, Vail Mountain and Gore Creek awaken ready for the summer months ahead. Summer is the perfect time for mountain town adventures and relaxation. Here are five reasons to take out the camera and explore the beauty that is Vail, Colorado this summer.
- Free Outdoor Activities – During the summer months hiking and road biking are free. The only thing one may have to take out the wallet for is bike rental and possibly a gondola ticket up the mountain if you wish to ride your bike down. However, if you have the strength to ride uphill, no gondola ticket is necessary; access to the mountain is free of charge.
- Community Events & Festivals – Events are happening everywhere throughout the summer months. On Tuesday nights from June through August, enjoy live music and dancing at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail directly behind Manor Vail Lodge. On Sundays, enjoy the Vail Farmers’ Market & Art Show in Vail Village where you can explore everything from clothing to locally grown foods and homemade jewelry.
- Shop & Save – One of the perks of visiting a mountain town like Vail during the summer months is summer sales! Most stores need to make room for their 2014/2015 winter gear, which means cheap skis, cheap coats and cheap winter pants. You’ll leave Vail ready to take on the next season fully prepared.
- Restaurant Deals – The locals will tell you, the best time to experience Vail’s exquisite dining options is during the summer months. Almost all restaurants have some kind of affordable special on food and drinks whether it’s two for one or 50% off.
- Cooler Temperatures – When temperatures reach an all-time high in the city and suburban areas, Vail rarely exceeds 85 degrees (F). The other positive factor is that no matter how warm it may get, the dry weather prevents sweat. Dry heat and cool temperatures call for a summer Vacation in Vail, Colorado.